Enjoy and Protect Your Rights of Way
The Cumbria Bridleways Society would like to extend a very warm welcome to everyone who visits this site whether an existing member or someone interested in finding out more about us. We hope you will find the site informative and interesting and will visit again.
Established in 1979 the Cumbria Bridleways Society works to keep our network of paths open so all users can continue to enjoy the rich historic routes that cross our county alongside the newer routes that enhance the existing ones.
Whether you enjoy riding, walking, cycling or carriage driving we work with the National Park Authority, District Councils and other relevant authorities to benefit all users. In the early years there were many obstructions but now a large part of our work is consultations about definitive map changes.
If you have a problem with a route please contact us. You might like to consider joining our network of field officers. Or you may like to attend one of our social events. If you have a query and don't find the answer on this site please contact us.
Annual General Meeting Thursday 19th November 2015 7.30pm at Crooklands Hotel, Kendal. Further details on the notice board.
URGENT REQUEST FOR NEW COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
To all Cumbria Bridleways Society members: we are in urgent need of new members to join the Committee or to help with some of our functions. We need ordinary Committee members as well as a new Secretary to produce Minutes, Agendas etc, a Membership Secretary, and someone to edit the Newsletter.
The 'job description' for the Secretary is laid out below and benefits from an honorarium of £200 p.a (to be ratified at the AGM). We meet at the Greyhound Inn, Shap usually December, February, June and September with an Annual General Meeting in the County October/November time.
It is also possible for a member to take on a 'job' like Newsletter Editor without being on the Committee so please consider that if evening meetings are difficult for you but you would like to help.
If you are interested in doing more to help the society in addition to being a member please get in touch before our AGM on 19th Nov .
• To attend committee meetings and the Annual General Meeting (5 meetings per year).
• To work with the Chair to produce meeting agendas.
• To circulate agendas and papers to the committee one week prior to the meeting.
• To take the minutes at meetings and circulate a draft within two weeks.
• To circulate information to the committee as necessary.
• To keep society records.
• To make bookings on behalf of the committee for meetings, socials and events.
• To receive correspondence, email and telephone calls on behalf of the society.
• To deal with correspondence, email and telephone calls on behalf of the society.
• This position is elected annually and there is no minimum term.
Reasonable expenses are met excluding mileage.
If you would like to discuss the roles further or put yourself forward for election please contact Karen McLellan 01228 562709 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Society needs you!
Chair Cumbria Bridleways Society
Minutes for the 2012 AGM and accounts are on the News letter Page.
Next page: Membership